Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG)
Guilsfield CP School PDG Statement 2019-20
The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for free school meals (e-FSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than six months (LAC).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
For 2019-20 Guilsfield CP School has been provided with a
PDG allocation of £10,350.
At Guilsfield CP School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by the Powys Local Authority and ERW, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We are using the funding to:
- Provide pupils with a live theatre experience that will provide pupils' with an opportunity to watch a children's literacy classic 'Treasure Island' in school and take part in activities around this book performance.
- Provide 1 to 1 support to develop reading skills.
- Provide 1 to 1 support to develop numeracy skills.
- Provide art experiences with a local artist that will enhance pupils' artistic skills through the creation of Welsh 'Croeso' signs for the school.