Pupil Development Grant (PDG)
Guilsfield CP School Pupil Development Grant (PDG) Statement 2023 - 24
The Pupil Development Grant (PDG) is allocated to schools with pupils who come from low-income families and are currently known to be eligible for Free School Meals (eFSM) and pupils who have been looked after continuously for more than 6 months (CLA).
Schools are expected to make the best use of this funding to implement sustainable strategies that will quickly bring about changes for learners eligible for free school meals or who are LAC.
As a school we have agreed the following three steps:
- to identify the target group of pupils, its characteristics and needs
- to plan interventions which make the most effective use of resources
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of resources
For 2022 - 23 Guilsfield CP School has been allocated a total Pupil Development Grant of £11,500.
At Guilsfield CP School we have a comprehensive plan, agreed and monitored by the Powys Local Authority, to promote progress and remove barriers to learning for students eligible for this funding.
We are using this funding to:
- Support and improve pupils' health and well-being and attitudes to learning.
- Provide music tuition and residential/school outings.
- Provide focused 1 to 1 and small group support to progress pupils' skills in numeracy and literacy.